Monday 18 June 2012

...what to do, what to do....



I finished my Summer Lovin challenge from Amy (http://amybeads.blogspot.com/)but upon further reading discovered the reveal isn't until August 1. I am glad I took a second look at the  instructions, I almost jumped the gun and posted early. I love how the piece turned out and hopefully everyone else will too. My first challenge and it was so much fun, it made me step out of my color comfort zone. Normally I wouldn't pick the colors but I absolutely love the combination, thanks Amy. I will have to wait until August 1 to reveal but I will be wearing it today.

I am excitedly waiting to find out who my partner is in the Bead Soup Blog Hop (http://lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com/). With that in mind I thought I would post a necklace that I strung. I found the jade beads on a trip to the coast and couldn't resist.  I had the perfect focal jade bead in my stash and with the addition of silver accents, and green crystals and the octagonal glass bead I think it turned out well. I made earrings to match and find I often pick this necklace to wear.

Jade Treasure

2 comments:

  1. I love your necklace! That color jade is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I can't wait to see your piece!!! I haven't even begun mine, but I've been thinking an awful lot about it!!! I will have a link to your blog on my site on Aug 1 and also - a "linky tool" where you can add your post!! Love this summery necklace too btw!!

    ReplyDelete