Wednesday 1 August 2012

Summer Lovin' Reveal Day

Yeah Summer Lovin’ reveal is finally here! I say this because I finished my piece in June and have been waiting and waiting and waiting for August to arrive. This was my very first challenge ever and it was so exciting; receiving the package, planning and then re-planning, making and then re-making and finally the finished result. I love, love, love this piece and wear it often. I named this piece "Winterfell" ; it reminded me of the castle in the series "Game of Thrones" (currently my favorite series). The colors of the beads in the package are not colors I would normally have picked out but they pushed me out of my comfort zone and have now become favorites. I have had many people tell me that this piece is their favorite. I love the tree of life focal bead - a polymer focal from PennysLane, I added a few tiny silver leaves that were difficult to find until my awesome sister dug through her stash and came up with exactly what I was looking for (thanks Sis!). 
Thank you Amy for hosting this challenge, I hope you like what I have created.
The Kit


Wintefell - The Result
 


18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kepi!!! I just love your necklace! I can understand why it a favorite of yours. It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is gorgeous. I love the texture of the different sized beads. I can see how this would be your favorite piece. :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love what you did with the embroidery! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you did with the kit! So balance and showcasing how beautiful the metallics are. Stunning my dear!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Lord...I mean what else can I say? This PHENOMENAL work. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first challenge? Bet it won't be your last! I've grown so much in the challenges I've participated in, and had so much fun. I totally love your necklace, it is just beautiful. I think my favorite pics are the ones with the black background and the grey, they really show off the colors in your design. It looks like ripples of water, spreading out from the tree, standing at the edge of a pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow!! Debbie, you did an absolutely wonderful job. What a beautiful necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Have a great piece. I love the bib necklace look and this is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH. MY. GOSH.!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!! I love the way you brought Winterfell and Game of Thrones into this. This would look amazing on Catelyn!!!! :) Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And SOOOO Winterfell!
    Thank you so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and definitely fit for Lady Catelyn Stark - regal and in touch with the earth at the same time! I love the bronze beads you added because they give so much depth to the metallics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Kepi, Your collar is gorgeous I can see why you were excited to show what you made. Your gorgeous design has blown me away. I Love, love, love it!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is totally awesome! I really love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So SO cool! I always scan through the pictures and then read a blog post. When I saw Winterfell I immediately thought Game of Thrones yet another thing we have in common. This collar is so cool. I love that clasp. Where did you get those? I had a compliment on mine today. Yep, soup's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOD. That is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous necklace, Kepi! What a wonderful mix of color and a perfect accent to the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW what a beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am amazed at all the beadwork...how do you get it done so quickly...that would take me months and months. Really beautiful.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete