Sunday 17 November 2013

Oh what a wonderful vacation....

My husband and I spent a glorious 5 days in Victoria and just had an awesome time. It was such a nice break and just a little more time with beautiful weather. The weather was fantastic, visiting with my sister was just the best - it was a perfect break. Now back to reality - snow - lots of it. I will be looking at my pictures on a regular  basis -  a little vitamin D fix.






While in Victoria I taught my sister how to do Viking Knit...oh we had fun...and we made several pieces. We shopped all my favorite shops - three happen to be bead shops - and I came home with some real treasures. One pieces was the stone I made into a pendant for my viking knit rope and of course earrings to match.  The stone is Chrysocolla.  Chrysocolla is a very beautiful stone said to have many beneficial energies. It is known as a healing stone among Native American Indian cultures where it was used for strengthening the body's resistance and bringing about calm feelings where there is upset. The colors are out of this world and the turquoise viking knit rope is perfect. Now I know my sister used the same turquoise for a bracelet, it wasn't done when I left but I'm sure she will love it like I love mine. She also made a gorgeous mauve viking knit rope and attached an iridescent blue with hints of purple crystal pendant - quite spectacular. Oh I had fun!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous, looks fabulous, the vacation must have been every bit as fabulous as you say! And the chrysocolla is gorgeous. How nice to be able to bead with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spot... and a lovely creation that will always remind you of this lovely visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are lovely. That necklace is simply gorgeous! The color of the rope is so perfect for the chrysocolla.

    ReplyDelete