Saturday, 21 November 2015

A Time to Stitch 8



A Time to Stitch Eight - What's Your Bag 

I love joining in on the fun of “A Time to Stitch” blog hops. It stretches my creativity and allows me to step outside my box.  I have always wanted to stitch an amulet bag and this I thought gave me the perfect opportunity…..well my creative juices just took me somewhere else….the amulet bag will have to wait for another time.

The first bag I made is just in time for the holidays…a tiny evening beaded extraordinaire…perfect little bag for the holiday season and it holds just the right stuff – credit card and a lipstick! I love the color turquoise and all variations of and I love just using random beads to create with, as I have said before – it’s like painting with beads! This little bag consists of pearls, crystals, drops, flat glass and seed beads. The opening is hidden in one of the sides and it stands on little pearl legs and has a ribbon wrist strap. So much fun to make and can’t wait to use it.



The second bag is my version of a carpet bag reminiscent of 19th century purses. This bag is slightly bigger than the evening bag and will hold all the essentials.  I have a red felt hat and I needed something to complete the outfit and this fits the bill. I first knitted the bag and then felted it- it turned out so cute but the addition of the felted design with beaded highlighting is exactly the look I wanted and took it over the top. The seed beading added such depth and dimension to this little purse; it is such a unique one of a kind purse.




Thank you Therese and Christine for yet again hosting a super fun hop, so looking forward to the next adventure. You two are the best!

The rest of the participants on this adventure!

18 comments:

  1. oh my these are both just stunning! That first one is so sweet and beautiful and will absolutely be the talk of the party! And that second has so much depth and dimension to the pattern - look at all those flowers - they look almost real! just beautiful - both of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second you, little flowers in first bag looking pretty. It seems perfect small bag to hold engagement ring before giving to my love. It will looks amazing if engagement ring would have any blue color stone as both bag and stone will match.

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Your talent amazes me every time! Both of your bags are beautiful. The small evening bag is drop dead gorgeous, and the red felted bag with all the pretty flowers in a garden around the lower part of the bag is totally amazing to me. I just can not pick a favorite they are both just so beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in on this ATTS challenge and I hope that you join us for the next ATTS challenge.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say about these beauties! That that little one has beaded feet to stand up on and has a secret opening is the icing on the cake of this gorgeous, swirly, bead encrusted, little beauty of a pod! I LOVE THIS ONE!
    And your red felted bag is elegant and vibrant and has just enough beads to make the flowers pop. GORgeous!
    What we think we are going to make and what we actually make are worlds apart, but when that is the case, the results never disappoint! Thanks for letting your muse take over. These are sensational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces you've made are extraordinary. The little turquoise bag that sits on pearls is so beautiful and exquisite. And the piece of resistance, the beaded purse, with its beaded flowers is definitely amazing. Great job!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, You never cease to amaze me. Your pieces are AWESOME. I too love turquoise so I was smitten with your first creation. When I saw the red purse my jaw dropped. It is fabulous. The fact that you knitted than felted it makes it so special. You always seem to know just the righ amount of beads to add to make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! Your talent and creativity blows me away!! Both bags are positively stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to pick my jaw up off the ground before typing anything -- these are beyond wonderful! The turquoise is perfect (great color, too) for an evening out, and the red one just looks happy. The fact that you knitted and felted the red one before beading makes it even more special. Wow, wow, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Both your bags are awesome, but I particularly love the first one. The shape, bead embroidery and colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - they're both so unique and beautiful! I am perfectly jealous - on your ability to paint with beads, as you very well put it. Wonderful, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...beautiful things...indeed! I could just park right here and look at all the stunning details in these miniature masterpieces all day! Enjoyed reading your blog this morning...brimming with beautiful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first bag is awesome, gorgeous beading I would love to see it open! But the red one - so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! You really made a couple of art pieces. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow two beautiful bags, but I adore that red bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I just adore that triangular design and the colors are amazing. All of the different textures are so lush but work so well together. And your little red felt bag is pretty special too! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of your bags!! Turquoise is my favorite color too and your beading is spectacular! I love the red felted bag. It's perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - just wow! The colors on that first bag - the jewel tones - are breathtaking! The red felted bag - the creativity behind it and the fact that you executed its design perfectly - just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omigosh Debbie, these are GORGeous!! I am jealous too, Alicia! Turquoise is my favourite colour as well, and that is just absolutely stunning...and the red felted bag is adorable. Is there a pattern for that little triangular bag, Debbie? I'd love to do one in that shape, it's exquisite.

    ReplyDelete